Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Broccoli, rice and chicken

Found a phone app that I just love! It's called the whole foods app. You can put in items that you have to cook with, pick things you want to avoid, and the. It will spit out recipes for you! With pictures!! Very important to me! U like to see what my food is going to look like, or rather what it should like like!
Last might I made this yummy dish and it was loved by everyone!!
Simmer 1/2 cup water in deep skillet
Add one chipped onion and two cloves if garlic
Cook until soft and then add bite size pieces of chicken (I used 1 pack of boneless skinless chicken tenders
Also add 3 cups low sodium veg stock
1 cup brown rice
Simmer covered for about 20-30 min, add in bite size prices of broccoli, fresh thyme and pepper to taste and continue to simmer until broccoli is soft and liquid is gone.
Fluff and serve!

No comments: