Tuesday, August 11, 2015

School is in session!

I'm not even mad about it. 
Typically I really get sad when school starts back up. I miss my kids. I love spending time with them and my having to compete with school activities and homework for time with them.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad. I still miss them.
But, They also miss each other! And That makes me so happy! 
In the morning I hear them yell to each other "have a great day! I love you" ❤️ and "after school do you want to play something together?" ❤️. "Will you help me with my math?"  I hear them helping eachother pick out "cool clothes" and remind eachother to brush teeth. It's a commonality they have, this school thing.

I see more heartfelt hugs and laughter. 
More quality time that isn't forced by ME saying "come on. Everyone is going to the pool weather you like it or not".

We all need space and time to really appreciate the ones we love. We need to be surrounded by other people to understand that our family truly is filled with our best friends.

School isn't all bad. ;)


No comments: