Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spooky!!

Katelyn came in to our room tonight about 5 minutes after we put her to bed, saying that she was having "bad feelings" about a story that some kids told her about at school. I had already heard the story earlier today so I laughed almost instantly when she told me what the "bad feelings" were about! I know, I know, way to be sensitive to your child's feelings, but you have to hear the story!

I had her recite it to John so that he to could see how silly it was and help me out in making her see how silly it was and that kids just tell these silly stories to get this kind of reaction out of sweet little girls like Katelyn!!

Here is the story...
One day a little boy was outside playing in his yard and found something on the ground he took it to his mother and they found out it was a "BIG TOE". So they cut it up into three pieces and ate it for dinner. Later that night a man came into the house when the boy was sleeping and said "where is my big toe?" The boy told him he ate it...so the man ate him for dinner!

Silly right? So I get that the man coming into the house is scary, but com'on, to get his big toe?
And I don't know about your big toe, but neither mine nor John's is big enough to cut into THREE pieces and fill anyone up for dinner!!



SWEET DREAMS!!

3 comments:

EarleandHeidi said...

I have a lot of hair on my big toe, we call it "toe fro", so I don't think I gotta worry about anyone eating my toe :-)

Kathy said...

Danny calls my big toe a thumb, so it could probably be cut up into about 6 pieces!!!! But don't mention that to poor Katelyn!

Unknown said...

CARISSA!!!! Where is your sensitive side?!? Poor Katelyn. Just remember who is freaked out when home alone with the kids thinking that someone is going to come in the house! :)