Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When your husband says...

"I need to check you for ticks" LET HIM!!!
Last night we did some much needed yard work while the kids played outside. I was in charge of cleaning up dog poo, pulling weeds, and cleaning up the mulch that Abigail likes to take out of the beds and chew on it various spots in the yard. While I was in the mulch beds, making sure it was all nice a neat (I have become a bit of a freak about it) I found a HUGE, I am talking HUGE spider!! I swear that thing had fangs and was the size of a half dollar!! My brother Brad was nice enough to come kill it for me and it only took him about 25 whacks to get the job done!!

Okay, back to the reason for this post...This morning I got up to take my shower and upon washing my "private area", I felt this huge lump, pulled at it and IT WAS A TICK!!!!! huge from sucking on my blood ALL night while I was in bed! I was about to pass out!! Seriously that is some crazy stuff!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY COW, CARISSA! Must have been a male...they are always going for the gold!

Kathy said...

Were you gardening in your birthday suit or what??? John must've been talkng it up to the ticks...LOL!!!

Courtney said...

OMG I think I would have DIED right then and there! Glad you found it though before it moved elsewhere...