Monday, November 9, 2009

LOVIN LIFE!


SCHOOL:
They have adjusted great and have made lots of new friends and are having a great year so far! We had our first rounds of Parent Teacher conferences and all the kids have gotten FANTASTIC marks!
Jacob is having a great year both academically and socially. We were so nurvous this year after last year him and his teacher did not click and things kinds got squirly! This year he comes home excited and full of love for school! He comes home with crazy amounts of fun facts and things that he is learning!

Emily has adjusted to her first year at "big school" very well and as you can imagine is loving all her new responsibilities and new found independence! Her teacher said "thank you for sending me a child who listens and follows directions so well!" She is now reading and writing TWO sentences!!!

Katelyn is all A's people! She is doing great, even with all the new responsibilities that come with being fifth grader! Seriously, they have A LOT to keep track of!
She tested for the gifted program and MADE IT!!!!! So proud of that little thing, she is amazingly smart and so, so, so sweet! She even gets to do the morning news at school and boy does Emily love seeing her big sister on the tv!!

ACTIVITIES:
All the kids have chosen Tennis as the choice sport for now. Jacob just finished up with Football and Katelyn is doing riding still. I love that right now they just enjoy being TOGETHER and love each other so much. They really are kinda a package deal when it comes to play dates and things of that nature. They are lost without each other! Emily got invited to a birthday party today and said "Katelyn and Jacob, you can come with me if you want to." Warms my heart that they are best friends!

COMPLIMENTS:
I got the best mommy compliment the other day at the gym. I took them with me on Saturday to the kids room and when I went to pick them up, three Mom's went on and on about how great they were, how wonderful it is to have three kids who are so sweet with each other and are so patient with the babies and younger kids. "How do you do it" they asked.

I just said "thank you so much, I am very lucky". John later told me "The kids are lucky to have you, you have raised them to be smart, caring, outgoing, well mannered, loving kids."

I AM LUCKY, LUCKY TO HAVE A AMAZING HUSBAND AND THREE WONDERFUL KIDS WHO I CAN SPEND MY LIFE WITH!! Enjoy your Family!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Carissa - do you realize that you put you have well MANURED kids! I hope you mean mannered and not covered in poo!

So great they are doing so well and have adjusted so well to school this year! You are a great mom and doing a great job!!

Carissa said...

HA!ha! That is soooooo funny! When I did my spell check it must have fixed it that way! LOL!!! That made my morning!!! :)
Thanks!!