Thursday, January 24, 2013

Just getting started back at it!

Amazing how you can get so derailed from doing the things that you love. I used to LOVE writting this blog. Its started out aas a nice Family blog about us. Silly things and updates about our Family. Something to help people that we love keep up to date with us. THEN I went and started a fitness page on Face book and decided that I needed to change the blog to go with it. Then I NEVER blogged!

Well, not blogging is going to stop now. SO many times my kids have done or said something, had a moment. I have had moments, moments that need to be shared. If nothing else, but for me to look back at this blog and remember because lets face it, I have the memory of a knat! Seriously, a knat. I'm not even sure thats how you spell the word, but its that tiny little bug that almost doesnt even really count as a bug because its so small...thats my memory size!

So, what have we been up to? Well. We had a bit of a tough start to the new year with the death of John's Dad. We had to talk to the kids about death for the first time. Like really talk to them about it and they went to their first funeral. Tough times.
The different levels of understanding and curriousity from the kids was unbelievable.
Like M having to go right up to the hole at the cemetary and look in. She talked to the guy who dug the hole and that was strange. But whatever, she seemed satisfied and OKAY.
We made it through though and are trying hard to get back into a routine.


Kids were out of school for 3 weeks because of Christmas break, then the funeral, then 1/2 day for snow...



Lets just say, if I get one more email from the school about missed assignments from the boy, I might have to go all Hulk smash and no one wants that!

Oh and thinking about your oldest going to Highschool can really make you want to drink! Like drink a lot! But, I'm hanging tough and just trying my best to push all of that whole, sign up for classes, credit for this, deadlines for that, looking ahead to college stuff... yeah, all that is getting handed to John because I will freak the freak out. I'll start looking ahead to the not so technical side of highschool.

What have I been up to?

John and I had started Insanity at the start of the new year and with the death of his Dad, that came to a stop. Currently we are gym buddies! Workingout almost everyday together and if he has to work, he is going after work! Its been fantastic!


This little guy had a pretty big moment on my Creating A Fmaily of Lettuce Heads facebook page, getting the most "likes" of any food item that I have posted.
It was the boys idea to have potatoes and who knew that they would be such a hit. Not just with the virtual world but with the Family too.
*1 large baked sweet potato
*pre grilled and chopped chicken breast
*crumbles of pre cooked no nitrate bacon
*sauted peppers and onions.
*a dollop of 0% plani greek yogurt
Delishious!!


We got back into food prepping and wow what a differance that makes in your week. Kids have heathy snacks to grab, dinner is so much easier to prepare and although it takes a crazy bit of your time you feel so accomplished after its done!


I took John through our first crossfit inspired workout and it was crazy hard! I totally underestimated how hard it was going to be. FUN, but hard! Having to work around people that came into the functional room mid workout was stupid hard. Dud, you saw me pushing the sled, so why would you move the barbell to that area and do sets? Stupid hard.

So, we are getting back to it, I am going to get back to bloggin about food, fitness, FAMILY and FUN!! Hope you'll stick around and enjoy!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

So sorry to hear about J's dad. I knew he wasn't doing well and I'm so sorry to hear he didn't make it. Sounds like y'all are rolling with the punches though. Hang in there!

Carissa said...

Thanks, It's never easy losing someone and it was just really hard having to see the kids go through it. They are all doing fine though and John is getting back to a good routine and helping his Mom out a lot so thats been good.