Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Big things!!





The kids and I have been enjoying some Southern Hospitality the last week. Our neighbors went away to Michigan (that's where they are from funny enough) and they let us have the keys to their fabulous swimming pool! We have been in the pool every day since last Thursday! Weather has been great and the kids have just been having a blast, as have I, working on my tan!
Most of you know that I can only swim to save my life, and that is if the life raft is 5 ft away!!! Katelyn feels so good when we are in the water together and she is saying "you can do it mom"!!
I am really wanting all my kids to learn how to swim and be little fish in the water! I'll tell ya, having access to a pool everyday sure does help! They are all doing amazing!! They love to make up "jumps" into the water, like the pencil jump, the butt jump (you have to slap your but as you jump in), the bomb, the backward fall, things like that! Emily is even getting in the action! So much fun to watch them playing! Grandma and Uncle Brad have been over and they have LOVED being in the water with them!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Carissa, your blog is magnificent! Your children crack me up too. They're so creative! I'm dying laughing at their imaginations. Can you see me doing the "butt jump" into a swimming pool?!! Anyway, that's nice that your neighbors let you use their pool.