Saturday, August 11, 2012

What are they eating when they leave your house?

You know how it is, they get invited to a Friends house. They are there ALL day. You pick them up and they tell you all the fun they had, including eating a while bag of chocolate chips! Two bowls of captain crunch for a "snack"!
You cringe and say "glad you had a good time", knowing that next time the play date will be at YOUR house! Lol!
I really try not to be too crazy about it but one place I want to know what my kids are eating is school. So far they still like the lunches I pack (I have them all make a list of likes and dislikes because who can keep what three kids like and dislike straight? Maybe super mom but not me)

I try to keep a fruit and veggie in every lunch, some protein and a treat. The treat is usually a homemade healthier version of a cookie or protein bars, or balls. (these can be found on my FB page)
I have them leave whatever they don't eat in the bag so I can see what they actually ate. (that gets eaten for after school snack.
Take the guess work out of what they are eating at school!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love your idea of asking them to bring the uneaten food home. I am going to steal that idea and use it this year with Jules. It is a constant source of frustration at our house that we don't know what she ate or we hear later that she threw something away instead of eating it because she didn't have time or whatever. This will solve a lot of our problems and help with after school snacks. Thanks!