Monday, June 1, 2015

Kale salad

This past weekend on our date night (we have date night once a week) John and I decided to hit up Teds Montana grill.  I love this place but haven't ventured away from the skinny dip burger much. 
This weekend John and I did a split dinner, me ordering the crab cake, which is HUGE lump crab! So yum.  It comes with a kale salad and another side of your choice. He got the bison filet with broccoli and kale salad.
Everything was so good that we went back again! Lol like 2 days later! 


Tonight I decide to try and make my own kale salad and the result was great! Super easy, clean and a big hit with the kids! One trying to get thirds!! 

I used 
*1 large bunch or organic kale 
1c shredded carrots
1c shredded purple cabbage 
A handful of goji berries and a handful of yellow raisins. 

Squeezed the juice of one large lemon over top, sprinkled with pepper and a bit of pink salt and tossed.
Kept it in the fridge until the rest of dinner was done! 

*the potatoes were brushed with avocado oil, sprinkled with a no salt garlic blend and baked on 375 for about 45 minutes.  

No comments: