Friday, February 3, 2012

For the littles, pumpkin cookies

Made some cookies yesterday for the kids, they look so disappointed lately if they come home and I haven't made something new for them to try. Gonna keep that momentum going for as long as I can. (John enjoys the treats too)

Pumpkin cookies
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats (I use red mill oat bran)
1/2 tsp baking powder and baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg (I add a bit more cause I love it)
1/4 cup brown sugar Splenda
1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp canola oil
Optional cocoa chips

I alway mix wet and dry separately and then mix together. Bake @ 350 for about 10 min. My oven cooks a bit hot, so you may need to go longer, deepening on your oven.
They can out Kind of cake like, which everyone in my house loves.

No comments: