Friday, February 3, 2012

Power up with some pancakes.

I have been messing around with protein pancakes for a while now. John has found the texture to be a bit scrambled eggish inside, which sounds nasty, so I am trying to fix that for him.
This is what I came up with today and I think they are the best ones yet!

Sweet potato protein pancakes:
2/3 cup oats
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 cup egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Vanilla
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
1/2 large already baked sweet potato
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

Mix all above in blender and poor into hot skillet with a tiny bit if coconut oil. ( I like crispy edges on mine)
Cook on a lower heat to make sure they cook all the way through and don't burn.
I topped mine with pecans and a very tiny bit of sugar free syrup.
This made 5 large pancakes, next time I will make little ones to store for the week, for easy use in the mornings before school!

No comments: