Saturday, February 4, 2012

Running

I love it! I don't know when that happened, but I do! Specifically running outside. Not so much in my neighbor hood, because being chased by dogs and jumping over poop piles is not fun. But I do love trail running. Be it a paved trail or just in the woods. So much to look at and enjoy, keeping your mind on other things and before you know it, you have logged 3 miles!
Today I ran with John, in the hood. Much to my surprise we did not get chased by any dogs, I only had to jump over 5 piles of poop on the sidewalk, and the best part was I got my time back to summer pace! Oh, and John was with me...that was great too! Ha!ha!
I got in 2.52 miles at a 7:19 pace. I was haulin today! Seriously I felt like my legs were detached from my body!
Very proud of John, he ran the whole way and that's huge since he hasn't ran in quite some time.
Give runnin a chance, younger find you actually enjoy it and it can be quite addicting!
Look for post about Jacob and I working towards our next race! Spring is almost here and we are itchin to do another 5k together!

No comments: