Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Prepping for a successful week.

I have started really thinking about ways to help our family have a successful, healthy eating week. Truth be told that if things are not convenient, easy or quick, we tend to look to something that IS. At least I do!
So I have started Not buying unhealthy items like packaged cookies and puddings for the kids. Choosing instead to make them on Sunday to last the week. Packed full of good things like honey, oats, flax seed and such. I know exactly what's in them and the kids love to help make the things they will be snacking on!
I have also started cutting up fruits and veggies on Sunday. Putting them in containers in the fridge and at eye view for everyone. The kids are free to snack on this stuff whenever they wish, and it's easy for me to create a quick lunch or something with, since half the work is already done.
Make it a little easier for you and your family to make good food choices, take an hour to prepare for your week on Sunday. It really does make a difference!

No comments: