Tuesday, August 12, 2008

crossing things off one by one...





Today we went to the park and took out a paddle boat!! It was a ton of fun!
I admit, I was a bit scared!! I don't really like the deep water all that much and even though the kids had life jackets on I was terrified that they were going to fall in. But, I sucked it up and did it!! I wish I could say that my boat driving skills were on point, but they too lacked!! HA!HA! I could not get that darn thing to go in the direction I wanted it to! I was just waiting for the guy to come out of his little building and yell at me for running into the other boats and the dock!! I was talking to myself and we were laughing soooo hard!! Katelyn kept telling me "its just like driving a car mom". Finally I asked her to come up front and get us going, she said she would because she and her friend went on the paddle boats at girl scout camp and they did really good, so she was confident that she could help out! Well, help out she did, she was AMAZING!!!!! She continues to amaze me everyday with her abilities!! She took us all around the lake with ease and parked us too! It was great! Another thing crossed off of our list of things to do before school starts!

No comments: