Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of big school for the big kids!!




It was the first day of school today and let me tell ya, I was not even ready! Shocked I must say as I made lunches the night before and wrote notes to slip in the book bags! Yes, I am that mom! The kids really do enjoy the notes! I usually slip in a school theme joke or two every week and I really do think they enjoy sharing them over lunch!!
Got the kids up on time and had a good 'ol french toast breakfast! Both of the kids were really excited and ready to get out the door, me and Emily on the other hand were sad to see them go!

After we got the kids in their classrooms, we decided to head to the park and then check out the pets at petco! Three hours later we were back at home making sugar cookies with school colors on them for a first day of school snack to share with the kids when they got home! Time actually flew by, as we played...and played...and played!!

Time however did not fly by when it came time to stand at the bus stop and wait for the kids! 2:40 the kids get dismissed, 2:45 I'm thinking they should be loading, by 3:00 they should surely be home as they are the first stop! Where are they? I keep checking my phone for the time, 3:05...did I write down the wrong bus # for them? Did they change the bus stop to another location in the hood? Did I not tell them to ride the bus home?? Okay, I am seriously going the get sick!!
...Oh there is the bus! Finally! The kids are safe and sound, big hugs for everyone and cookies!
They both said they had a perfect day today!!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I love the cookies! I am glad everyone had a great day!

Jayne

Unknown said...

Great idea using school colors...I'll have to remember that for the future. :)