Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Busy little lettuce heads!

When school starts I get do excited to be able to hit the nail salon, go get my hair done, go to the gym. Just have a little relaxing time for ME.
Having the kids home in the summer is a blast and I seriously love every minute of it, but my roots and toes need some attention come August!
About one month after school starts though so do fall sports and after school clubs! Like every other family, we get crazy busy and those hair and nail appointments are put aside for other things. Making sure everyone uniforms ate clean, getting team snack put together, making sure we have dinner ready to take with us. It's a fun and busy time and a routine is huge for me. I have to stick to the routine!
Yesterday was a day that my routine got a little behind, a little bit broken!
And I maybe had a minor breakdown!
It ain't always pretty, but we made it to the ball field on time. Everyone had homework done, and I was still able to have a meal ready for us to eat so we didn't get sucked into the "fast food" trap after the game!
Life gets busy sometimes! Simple, healthy dinners on the go are a great way to make sure that everyone is staying fueled up to make it through those busy times!
*grilled chicken salad
Seasoned with just black pepper garlic and and smokey paprika.
Spring mix, red onions, carrots, green peppers and a yogurt based gluten free no sugar added dressing.
*steak wraps
Steak and onions sauteed with pepper and olive oil
Lettuce, avocado, whole wheat tortillas and yogurt based ranch dressing.
*grilled chicken pasta salad
Whole wheat pasta, grilled chicken, whatever veggies you want to include and this super yummy organic ville dressing.
All portable and simple ingredients and kid approved!!!

3 comments:

Christina @ The Athletarian said...

How did I not know you had a blog until now?! How fun! I'm happy you're starting to get some time to yourself. That is definitely important! Your kids are super lucky to have a mom like you to prepare such amazing and healthy meals!

Carissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carissa said...

Thanks!! So glad that you found the blog! :)