Friday, September 14, 2012

Pumpkins are taking over the world!

Every year around this time I fight the urge to put out all my fall decorations, make every pumpkin recipe I have and dress in Halloween costumes at random!
My very favorite time of year. I just love everything about fall time. The kids love it as much as I do and already have costume ideas and are begging me to put all the decorations out!
I love it!
Yesterday we started prep for the million fires we will have this fall and winter. I had ordered 1 cord of wood, hubby requested 2 and I think we are pretty set in wood this year.
That will be part of my workout...loading the wood and stacking it. I'm kinda excited about it! Maybe I have lost my mind as my good friend said the other day! Ha! Ha!
Now onto pumpkins...
Every place I look people are making pumpkin this and pumpkin that! Pumpkin coffee, muffins, cakes, and custards! I love it! So inspiring and yummy! Our oldest daughter can kill a whole pumpkin pie by herself and its one of the first things she talks about when referring to fall! She has requested pumpkin pie for breakfast on her birthday before (in April) and we were happy to oblige! She happens to also be my only child that requests oatmeal sometimes for breakfast so I wanted to come up with "pumpkin pie oats".
The first bowl was so nasty! I had put a pumpkin pie spice in it and I think it has way too much nutmeg or something because it was gross!
Bowl number two was great! This is what I did...
*1/3 cup oats
*2 tbsp flax (optional)
*2 tbsp 100% pure pumpkin
*1/2 tsp cinnamon
*5 drops of liquid vanilla stevia
*1 tbsp honey
Put all the above in a bowl, pour boiling water over top, mix and top with slivered almonds.
Simple and the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor.
www.facebook.com/CreatingAFamilyOfLettuceHeads



No comments: