Monday, September 24, 2012

Black bean soup

John and I ventured out to a new Cuban restaurant this weekend and the food was yummy! Service was horrible, but the food was good so I'm sure we will be back again.
One thing I had was a cup of black bean soup. Very simple, but oh so good. We laughed at the fact that before I started clean eating, I hated black beans!
I really wanted to try and make some at home because I seriously could have ate six cups of it! Gave it a shot today and other than the fact that I put way too much couscous in it, it was great!! Kids loved it! I adjusted the amount of couscous for the recipe list.

1 box low sodium organic chicken broth
2 can low sodium black beans
1 can low sodium fire roasted tomatoes
1/4c couscous
1 onion chopped
Garlic
Cumin
Oregano
Cayenne
Sauté onion in olive oil and season to your liking.
Add remaining ingredients and summer until couscous is ready. Serve topped with feta cheese and cilantro.