Sunday, September 9, 2012

You want me to do what??

A month ago my husband asked me to try a new exercise program with him. My response was something like this "why would I want to change everything that I'm doing", "I have no interest in working out while watching a DVD and doing it for an hour", "are you even going to really do it"?

I was not excited about it at all! But I decide that nothing I said was either motivating or helpful to him. Nothing I said was something I would want my husband to say to me. Plus, I really do enjoy working out with him. It's always fun, we laugh a lot!!
So I laid out the guidelines! Yup, I had rules! Lol
*no quitting!!!
*no changing the rotation of the workouts to suit what works for you
*you have to follow a good diet. No crap and no cheating when your away
*NO QUITTING!

Day #1 fit test:
My thoughts were "I got this, I work out like this everyday, I'm gonna kill it"
I don't normally warm up and that was a shock, I don't stretch either. (I know, bad) But, I did really good on the fit test!
My initial thoughts though were that I was going to hate it! It seemed slow and all the talking...who knew that after 30 days I would turn down the music and turn up the DVD so that I could listen to Shaun T. Talk to ME!! Tell ME to push harder, to dig deeper, to get my butt down!
Who knew that going into month TWO I would be talking back to the tv and asking Shaun T. To slow down!! Lol

My husband says for the person who doesn't have a structured workout program and can benefit from a great instructor and structure it's a great workout! The intensity of it helps you to avoid "lazy" workouts you might get at the gym without instruction and the cardio focused approach is amazing for fat burning. You can travel with it and all you need is your body and a DVD player!!
It is tough to do alone, a workout partner is huge!! If your already a big weigh training person you will want to add gym days specifically for weights.

I say if your lookin to lean out, get faster, get mentally stronger and love HIIT style workouts, you will love INSANITY!
SHAUN T. Is an amazing motivator and the workouts are INSANE! Doable but crazy! You will be shocked at things that you are able to do! You will be shocked at things you are NOT able to do! At the end of month one you will be so proud of what you've done!

How I feel about my results: I was terrified I was going to "get skinny" from all the cardio, so I tried to eat more and hit the gym two days a week for weights. Made sure to drink my protein shake everyday! I didn't get skinny and I actually see huge improvements in my arms and legs. Insanity or weights? Not sure but I think the two are working together nicely! I have that cut in at my waist in both sides and can't wait to see how everything shapes up in month two!

My husbands results: he feels sore all the time! Tough on his hips and calfs!
Saw huge results in waist line, has seen definition in his abs! Legs and arms also getting leaner! He says he may let me post pics after his 60 days! Lol

Enjoying everything so far! Month TWO is no joke though! It seems like a huge jump from month one and may just kill me! ;)


2 comments:

Kristin @ My Mission Impossible said...

Awesome! I'm going to start is soon, and I'm scared lol....but ready to switch it up a bit...I'm thinking just a few days a week though so I can still hit the wrights also!

Carissa said...

You will love it! Its tough sometimes to "do it" but once your done its an awesome feeling!